Tuesday, June 3, 2008

first day of class...

i had my first class today:
-51 students
-51 students in a classroom the size of my old cube
-51 students in a classroom the size of my old cube and all with mouths that talk out of turn

no, it wasn´t bad. i think it probably could´ve gone better, but for my first class, i´ll take it. my facilitator said that i sounded confident in my spanish...and, well...i´m glad it sounded that way. i´m pretty encouraged, actually. i´m excited to be a teacher, but it´s definitely a lot of work.

oh, and i had my first encounter with a scorpion. i didn´t get stung, but i have some pictures that i´ll post next time i get to the internet.

another note: i eat avocados every day that are the size of my head.

miss you all!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I get so excited when i see a new post! It sounds like you are loving it and are having a great experience.. Miss you tons!! E-mail me with anything you need. It is care package time..

Danny said...

Nikki I have a tiny head so avocados of that size don't really impress me. Now if you find scorpions of that size let me know. Hope everything is going well and let me know when you want those slim jims or you know something you might actually use.

Jill said...

I told you your Spanish would be super! I miss you and wish I could pick up a phone and call you, but instead I shall email :) More pics! Any hot man potential yet?

Unknown said...

I have to say I am insanely jealous!!!

But nothing beats market research. :)

Unknown said...

I have to say I am insanely jealous!!!

But nothing beats market research. :)

Unknown said...

i hope that everything is still going well...
i gotta find normal phone cards...i was at 2 stores and all i found where these shitty verizon things.

hmm...MISS YOU!